Being new in a programming language and environment it is sometimes a difficult to set up an initial development environment. We try to summarize the most important tools in the followings:
- lightweight development environment for coding in solidity.
- good tool for developing and manually testing small contracts or simply to practice the language.
- no-live Blockchain integration
- I would say this is the infrastructure part of Ethereum: fancy user interface for managing accounts, smart contracts, deploying into the test or live Blokchcain or simply initiating transactions between actors.
- This is another tool on the infrastructure side. Geth is a command line tool for similar purposes as the Mist browser, like creating accounts, deploying contracts to the Blokchain or transferring ethere between different accounts. It provides however extended functionalities. like setting up a private Blockchain or accessing to some of the detailed cryptographycal elements of an account.
- It is an online monitoring tool for the live Ethereum Blockchain, providing the possibility to see accounts or transactions.
Ethereum Studio (http://blog.ether.camp/post/142794388568/ethereum-studio-is-ready-for-you, or https://live.ether.camp/):
Additional practical tools (http://ether.fund/tools/):
- There are some additional tools that are nice to use, like Ethereum unit converter.