Considering a complex Blockchain ecosystem there are many measures, reports and KPI-s that can be taken into consideration. We can categorize measures of a Blockchain ecosystem as follows:
Technical measures for the network:
- Size and distribution of the Network, like the number of mining validation or light weight nodes or geographical distribution.
- Measures for Blocks and transactions, like Blocks minded, number of Transaction validated in a certain time frame, time between mined blocks,
- Crypto parameters, like Hash rate, Hash difficulty,
Economic measures for the network:
- General economic values: supposing that the Blockchain includes an internal Cryptocurreny we can define general capital market measures like market price, trade volume, market capitalization, and market share either compared with all other cryptocurrencies or with general capital market measures.
- Micro economic values: like cost or average cost of a transaction, transaction fess or revenue of a miner,
Application specific measures:
These measures are really specific to the application that run on the top of Blockchain. Probably the most general one at considering a cryptosystem is UTXO (Unspent transaction Output), or parameters related to cash-flow or crypto-flow, like the amount of money that was transferred between two wallets, or the amount of money that came in or left certain group of wallets.