...by Daniel Szego
"On a long enough timeline we will all become Satoshi Nakamoto.."
Monday, December 17, 2018
Notes on decentralized business logic platforms
The disruptive technological ideas behind the blockchain applications gives the possibility to design better middleware frameworks as well for business logic. An architecture might have the following proprieties:
- Elements of the business logic are separated into transactions an atomic processing units.
- Transactions are signed by end-users providing authentication and maybe privacy in the whole system.
- Processed transactions are signed by the processing units as well providing a defense mechanism against tampering.
- Processing units can be configured with different combinations, like on the same computer or on different machines.
- Processing units can be configured with different scaling strategies, like scaling for performance, or scaling for security, like having different Byzantine fault tolerant algorithms.
- Service level agreement for a service should be defined and measured as well.
- Processing of a processing unit might be guaranteed by security deposit, that can be somehow automatically payed out if the service level agreement is not matched.
- Special consideration has to be taken for processing units making serialization, like writing something into a database or ledger.